1753716 Members
4927 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Rapid Deployment Pack - WinPE 2.1 drvload error 0

Rodney Kurlin
Advisor

Rapid Deployment Pack - WinPE 2.1 drvload error 0

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, so I apologize in advance.

I am using RDP 3.8 DS6.9 with WinPE 2.1. I have an ESX server 3.50. I had to add the vmware-nic.inf driver to my WinPE 2.1 boot image so my VMs would boot correctly to RDP. I followed the directions from the following:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00000192.html

The VM's do boot correctly and show up in RDP. However I do see the following from the console when the VM is loading the vmare-nic.inf:

"Error 0 calling drvload for vmare-nic.inf (oem24.inf) - (See X:\drvload.log)"

In the drvload.log file there is a line that reads:

"Drvload: unable to load X:\Windows\inf\oem24.inf (Error 0x80070002)."

Can someone please help me resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Dan Broadhead

Re: Rapid Deployment Pack - WinPE 2.1 drvload error 0

Don't worry about this message. I've noticed that drvload sometimes returns a message like this for some drivers. For some reason, drvload returns a non-zero exit code that still auses a message.

While testing something in WinPE, after the system has booted, I have accidently run drvload again on the same drivers, and some drivers report this message when they didn't the first time, so my theory is that some drivers don't need to be loaded using drvload (they automatically load properly by themselves), so when the boot process loads it again using drvload, the driver complains. But some drivers do need to be loaded, and the startup process doesn't know which ones need to be laoded and which don't, so it loads them all, and some drivers complain.

As you noticed, the driver did load properly, and everything works properly, so there is no need for concern - the message just happens to be redundant.

Sometimes I have already booted into WinPE, and
Rodney Kurlin
Advisor

I figured as much, I just ahte seeing error messages. Other people on the team use the console and I do not want them to worry about that message. Thank you for replying with the information.
Rodney Kurlin
Advisor

thanks once again