1748216 Members
4038 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Scripting Toolkit (stk) 10.40 bootstrap.sh ends with error

Billiant
HPE Pro

Scripting Toolkit (stk) 10.40 bootstrap.sh ends with error

I am looking for support for the HPE Scripting Toolkit 10.40. I am booting a BL460c Gen8 server and can pxe boot the kernel and the built-in bootstrap.sh does run .  However, it ends however with the messages:

*****include file not found*****

bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1) inappropriate ioctl for device

bash: no job control in this shell

I am trying to use nfs to mount the scripts folder.  Once the bootstrap.sh stops, the folder is not mounted but I can mount it manually from the command line.  I suspect I may have some options set incorrectly in the pxelinux.cfg but I have ran out of ideas and am fairly new to Linux.  Any direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Billiant

Accept or Kudo

8 REPLIES 8
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Versions 10.20 an 10.30 were indeed missing some NFS components, it was fixed in version 10.40. You need to add network=1 to the boot line options in 10.40 for NFS to work properly.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Billiant
HPE Pro

I do have network=1 in the pxe boot options.  NFS does work as I am able to pxeboot over the network  and I can mount a folder on the booted server but must do it manually, that is by typing the mount command.  

Here are the options I currently have set.:

label toolkit1

kernel vmlinuz

append initrd=initrd.img root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=769344 network=1 ide=nodma ide=noraid pnpbios=off numa=off media=net sstk_mount=10.0.0.1:/sstk1040 sstk_mount_type=nfs sstk_mount_options=rw,nolock sstk_conf=toolkit.conf sstk_script=/scripts/deploy.sh hostname=kepler BOOTDEVICEMP=/mnt/main

Thanks,

Billiant

Accept or Kudo

jinhu
Occasional Advisor

I am bad at English.
Please understand me.
Toolkit 10.40 is running  the init file instead of bootstrap.sh.
Anyway the two files there is a typo. (bootstrap.sh, init)

grep ssstk_mount /proc/cmdline  <---  This is a part.

Not a ssstk_mount

Right sstk_mount

Even if difficult, but modifying the files directly.

Put the following values the grub.cfg(uefi mode) or default(legacy mode) file options.

ssstk_mount_test="Hummmm"  <---- contain only "ssstk_mount"

Good hope well.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The toolkit bootstrap looks for 'sstk_mount' which is specified on the boot line, make sure your boot line has sstk and not ssstk

gkrunal
Frequent Advisor

I'm having a same issue.

Do you have workaround ? 

Same setup is running fine with 8.70 not sure what have changed for 10.40 but NFS share not able to mount and getting include file not found issue.

PXE_STK_ERROR.PNG

Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

do you have 'network=1' listed as a boot line option?

Billiant
HPE Pro

the initrd.img from 10.10 also works better, at least it doesn't end with  no job control in this shell message

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I've been using HTTP for some time now so I hadn't noticved any of the NFS issues.  For now, here is a workaround if you want to write data out to an NFS mount. This workaround uses PXE and HTTP to boot into the toolkit, then you just have to manuall add your NFS mount from within a script.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/HP-Scripting-Tool-Kit-include-File-Error/m-p/6884812#M154316