108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartStart 7.20; PSP 7.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stabinger Stefan

SmartStart 7.20; PSP 7.20

Hi

The new system management hompage from PSP7.20 is incomplete after upgrading a Proliant DL380G2 W2k3 from PSP7.10 to PSP7.20.
The system is not recognized, the management processor and many agents are not detected ...

So I installed a new Proliant DL580G2 with SS7.20 and W2k3.
The Problem is the same. The management hompage is incomplete.

HP support says there is a problem with the 7.20 agents.

I have only the problem with the management hompage.

any ideas??
is an update available??

Thanks

Steven
18 REPLIES 18
Matt Duncan_1
Occasional Contributor

We found that if you are going to do an upgrade of the agents you must use the setupc /use-latest /force command in order to get the PSP to install properly. Still seems to not like upgrading the Online Diagnostics and haven't found a fix for that yet. Also was able to fix broken upgrades by rerunning the install with the command I mentioned above.
Stabinger Stefan

Hi Matt

Thanks for Your information.
I reinstalled the PSP with the command You wrote on both servers (upgrade and new install).
The result is the same. The management hompage is incomplete. I have only the incomplete home-tab. Settings, tools, logs ... are not available.

Steven
Martin Dettbarn
Advisor

Hmm, I was about to update our servers (ml350s and 370) from 7.1 to 7.2 but perhaps I will hold off a bit until updates from hp come out.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

I have a case open with HP now about problems with the 7.20 Smartstart / PSP 7.20 with Windows 2003 / SBS 2003. If you have the HP Systems Management Homepage service running, it takes about 2 minutes to log off at the console. Stop the service and everything works fine. There are some other weird things that went on with 7.20 that made me go back to 7.10 until the next release.
Fab_3
Frequent Advisor

Same problems. How rollback to 7.10 ?
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

On one server I just started from scratch (brand new build).

On my other server I did this:
Go to your Add Remove Programs in Control Panel, uninstall the HP Systems Management Homepage and the HP Insight Management Agents, reboot, and then install the Management Agents from 7.10.
Fab_3
Frequent Advisor

i installed Management Agents 7.10 but now error is about SMNP: HP web agent NO SNMP community String error.
How i have to do to correct this trouble ?
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Is SNMP configured on your server? Or do you mean you can't login to the web agents? If you mean the latter, did you complete the configuration steps while installing the agents?
Haridas
Respected Contributor
Solution

stefan,

After you install PSP 7.20, Goto the VCA page. Edit the Agent settings and configure the VCA to use one version control repository. There is a timeout problem, where the VCA is trying to contact a VCRM server and SMH times out after sometime. Thats when you see only home tab. You also need to configure SNMP community string, trap destination and trap community string for the management data to show up.

Goto Services->SNMP services. When you double click, you see the properties window. Provide community string in "Security" tab and "trap" tab. Restart SNMP service and Management agents service. Also restart Homepage service. Hope this resolves..