5315 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Uninstall Smart Component?

Michael Kriegsch
Occasional Advisor

Uninstall Smart Component?

Hy,

I update our W2K Proliant Servers with the actual Support Pack v. 7.40b. On some Servers the Version Control Log tells me, that one Smart Component didn't install: "The software is currently installed, but does not need to be installad on this system."

How ever, the Software was installed in the past and now, the Version Control Agent tells me to Update this Smart Component with an critical exclamation mark.

How can I uninstall that Component form the Server? The Smart Component is "HP Proliant Drive Array Notification for Windows".

Michael
14 REPLIES 14
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

U could force installation of the agent. When you choose the particular agent to update it should give you that option.
Michael Kriegsch
Occasional Advisor

The Force-Option did not resolve my Problem. Same result.

No chance to uninstall the smart component?
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS from Contro Panel? You could also try to downgrade? But this requires a reboot. Also is this VC agent you are facing a problem with? Prior to installation did you configure it? Try to configure it before re-installation or downgrade.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS from Contro Panel? You could also try to downgrade? But this requires a reboot. Also is this VC agent you are facing a problem with? Prior to installation did you configure it? Try to configure it before re-installation or downgrade.
Michael Kriegsch
Occasional Advisor

The Component I want to uninstall is "HP Proliant Drive Array Notification for Windows" and its not in Add Remove Programs - its not so simpel ;-)

No, I cannot downgrade it, I want to uninstall it, because the VC Agent tells me that it is out of date and I cannot upgrade it because the install of the actual version tells me "The software is currently installed, but does not need to be installad on this system."
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

I'd like to know as well, any progress on this one ?
I seem to remember there was something about a workaround for this in another thread, something you could remove in registry, but I haven't been able to locate the thread again.
Michael Kriegsch
Occasional Advisor

Hy Mikael,

I still search for a solution. Is there a chance that you can find the thread you talking about?

Michael
Moray Sandison_1
Occasional Advisor

Michael and Mikael,

Did either one of you find a solutuion for this as I am having exactly the same issue with an "HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for QLAxxxx SCSIPORT Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003" smart component.
It does not show in add/remove programs, I cannot upgarde it even if I choose to force it as the report is that it is no longer required and I cannot find any listing for it in device manager.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wesley Staal
Advisor

I also have the same problem with the "HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for QLAxxxx SCSIPORT Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003"
Did anyone find a solution yet?

Thanks,
Wesley