7506 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using CONREP within Windows Server 2003

Scott Toenniessen
Occasional Contributor

Using CONREP within Windows Server 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to change some BIOS configs (ASR disable) using CONREP with W2K3 x86 up and running. Using Scripting Toolkit for Win32 2.1. I get errors: "This entry (xxxxx) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be supported" and also a scrolling error: "dwIOCTL: 467156 Last Error was: 6" and "dwIOCTL: 467152 Last Error was: 6".

The Toolkit I/O driver is installed and running (as verified using "sc query hpsstkio"). The (almost) latest PSP is also loaded (including CPQASM2 or HPQILO2 depending and the system I try this on).

Am I missing something?

I can save the config with conrep. I get the "...neeed toolkit I/O driver...." messages when saving but it does creates the file and appears to have all the settings.

Secondarily, is there an hpasmcli similiar to what is available on Linux for Windows? Maybe that would give me an alternate way around this.

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: Using CONREP within Windows Server 2003

HI,
I'm trying to set the asset tag using the same method. I think conrep only works in WinPE2.1 as it relies on certain drivers that are build for the windows 2008 kenerl which essentially is what WInPE2.1 is.

I've tested my scripts in PE and they work but i get the same error as you in Windwos 2003 SP2 x86 32-Bit
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Chuck Newman
Occasional Advisor

For relatively recent versions of CONREP and HPRCU, you can run the tools with the server up if you first copy the hpsstkio.sys file to the drivers directory.  E.g.:

copy C:\SWSetup\SP48658\hpDrivers\Winpe30\system\hpsstkio\hpsstkio.sys c:\windows\system32\drivers\hpsstkio.sys

I think that "relatively recent" means SSSTK 8.60 or later, or STK 9.0 or later.

shocko
Honored Contributor

Excellent info Chuck.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)