6077 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

VMWare HP Esxi 5.01 and Proliant DL 360g7

rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

VMWare HP Esxi 5.01 and Proliant DL 360g7

Dear Support,

I've installed a new HP Proliant DL 360 G7 Server using HP ESXI 5 software.

Pritty straight forward setup, here's a break down.

HP VMWare Esxi5 from :

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPVM09

Server has 3 x 300gb SAS drives in Raid 5 Array, 30gb ram, 4 x nics and two power supplys.

From my research i can see many people use HP SIM Console to manage it, we are dont have HP SIM.

I have confirmed if i pull out a Power Supply the VMWare show's this in RED, so i presume the same will happen a drive was to die.

I need to have this server so it is monitored somehow with installing the SIM Manager Software, is this possible, we are too small for a SIM console.

I also need some sort of email alerting as this is the only way we will know if something is wrong with it.

Is there any other sort of alerting like LOUD BEEPS.

Is there anyway we can use HP HomePage Management Features, or HP Smart Array on local host server? or anything that will help us monitor this sever.

We will be installing two Windows 2008r2 host servers on this ESXi5 Server.

Thanks

1:I some that will send an email alert

1 REPLY 1
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: VMWare HP Esxi 5.01 and Proliant DL 360g7

Why 'too small 'for SIM. It's a free product and can be installed on desktop hardware/OS. This would be the best software out there for HP hardware to be honest. I know this doesn't directly answer your question but that is the best way to go.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)