1748001 Members
4774 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Алерты в HPE Smart Storage Administrator - коды сообщений 856 и 267

switch_on
Visitor

Алерты в HPE Smart Storage Administrator - коды сообщений 856 и 267

Сервер HP Proliant DL160 Gen9 новый (приобрели в 2016 году, но так получилось что распаковали только вчера), только что включили и поставили ОС MS Windows Server 2012 и все необходимые драйвера, прошивки и компоненты из HP SPP 2017-07-02 (файл SPP2017072.2017_0922.6 объём 4,67 ГБ  - 5 021 483 008 байт), в меню HPE Smart Storage Administrator на контроллерах выводятся следущие мессаджи:

на P440-м:

• 856 The cache for Smart Array P440 in Slot 2 is disabled due to a cable error from the Smart Storage Battery.

на B140i RAID:
  • 267 There are no configurable physical drives attached to the current array controller.

If this controller is being used as a host controller for tape devices only, please disregard this warning.

If this controller is being used as a host controller for an external controller, the physical drives attached to the external controller will only be visible by selecting the external controller.

If the controller is not being used as a host controller, one of the following could cause the problem:
    • There are no supported drives attached to the controller.
    • A data cable has a bad connection.
    • Two or more drives have duplicate SCSI IDs.
    • Power to the external drives is off.
    • The OS array controller driver is missing.

BBU на контролере P440 (и на B140i RAID) вроде бы нету в привычном для BBU виде. Что делать ?

4 REPLIES 4
krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hi,

regarding the message for the p440 - most probably failed battery. You may try updating the controller firmware. If message persists, the battery needs replacement. 

Regarding 140i - if this controller is not configured and if you dont use it, you may disable it in RBSU and the message will no longer appear.

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
switch_on
Visitor

Из всех элементов, вообще подходящий под определение BBU на сервере есть только держатель с контроллером для двух аккмумуляторов стандарта 18650 - физически расположен за блоками питнаия серврера - но кабель приходит напрямую в материнскую плату сервера, на RAID-контроллер P440 не приходит - единственный двухпроводный шлейф соединеяет разьем на контроллере с райзер-картой - по нему идет питание BBU на контроллер?

Не могу найти аппаратное описание как подается питание BBU на контроллер P440 - в идеале с фотографиями - у Вас такой мануал наверняка есть - ссылкой не поделитесь ?

По отключению RBSU на контроллере 140i - не подскажете как это сделать - в BIOS сервера вижу что на порте этого контроллера висит оптический привод!

Google Translated

Of all the elements, generally suitable for the definition of the BBU on the server, there is only a holder with a controller for two 18650 batteries - physically located behind the servers of the server - but the cable comes directly to the server motherboard, the P440 does not come on the RAID controller - the only two-wire loop connects a connector on the controller with a riser card - does it feed the BBU to the controller?

I can not find the hardware description how the BBU is fed to the P440 controller - ideally with photos - you probably have such a manual - do not share the link?

By disabling RBSU on the controller 140i - do not tell me how to do it - in the BIOS of the server I see that on the port of this controller there is an optical drive!

krasinka1409
HPE Pro

in english please ? 

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hello :-) 

I hope, I understood the google translation correctly :-)

You can visit the HPE Service Media Library and watch a video how the battery in you specific server is replaced:

https://sml-csr.ext.hpe.com/

Select "Servers" --> "Proliant DL Servers" --> "HPE Proliant DL160 Gen9 Server"--> "remove/replace videos" --> "HP Smart Storage Batter".

For the b140i/optical drive:

- Restart the server and get into BIOS RBSU. 
- Go to System Configuration screen,
- Select BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU)
- System Options
- SATA Controller Options
- Embedded SATA Configuration and press Enter.
- Enable SATA AHCI Support.
- Save the settings and restart the server.
Thank you
I am an HPE Employee