3515 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

10 Gbit NIC not working on HPE DL380 Gen10

BobMarleyBob
Occasional Visitor

10 Gbit NIC not working on HPE DL380 Gen10

Hello,

I'm trying to get a 10 Gbit Network Card working. But it is not possilbe. I have a new ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server with Windows Server 2016 Datacenter installed.

First I tried to use a Intel fibre channel card, but it didn't work. The port doesn't get any IP. Switch config is correct and works for other servers (Gen5 to Gen9). The card is recognized by Windows as 10Gbit NIC, and I get a link, but no IP. Even with fix IP I have no connection.

So I ordered a new HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2P 534FLR card (I thought, the Intel card maybe is not compatible with the new Gen10 server anymore). But with this card I have the same issue. Card seems to be working, but no IP or connection possible.

Anyone an idea?

Thank You!
BobMarleyBob

3 REPLIES 3
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Re: 10 Gbit NIC not working on HPE DL380 Gen10

I see that you are using HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter part number: 700751-B21 

To which switch you are connecting? Have you tested by connecting the cable to different port on the switch?

are you using the compatible SFP and Cable? In which PCI slot the NIC is installed? How many processors are present in the server? Is there any other Gen10 server at your site to test this card on it? Have you moved this card to other PCI Slots and verify the issue?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BobMarleyBob
Occasional Visitor

Hi, it's connected to a Cisco Switch. We tried different SFP modules on both sides and different cables. This port and cable is working for other switches.

We do not have any other Gen10 Server, but several Gen9 and below. I installed the HPE FlexFabric card in the FlexibleLOM slot.

I think that's an issue with the server itself, and not with the card. Because it was the same issue with another card on different slots.

Any idea what else can be wrong with the server?

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

As you said, you have tried different cards in the server and you have also tried this card on different servers. As this card works on differnet gen servers. I suspect there could be an issue with the slot. I recommend you to log a warranty case with HPE technical team for any hardware replacement. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo