1752635 Members
6070 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 10 SFF upgrade for DL360P

DanishB

10 SFF upgrade for DL360P

Hello

I have a DL360p Gen8 server, 8 SFF. I found a 10 SFF hard drive cage, 692479-001 through the spare parts list.

From quickspecs I have the following information:

NOTE: The 10 SFF drive cage requires cache with the P420i order to function

properly. 24 DIMM slots for RDIMM, UDIMM and HDIMM SmartMemory installation

NOTE: A cache module is required for the P420i when used with the 10 SFF drive

cage.

As I see it I can buy this spare part and replace it with the old drive cage and optical drive.

Can anyone enlighten me if I have gotten this all wrong?

The server has P420i/1GB FBWC storage controller.

Have a good day and thank you for reading my topic.

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

If we go through the QuickSpecs, it states under "Upgradeability"
Up to 8 SFF Hard Drive Bays; Or 4 LFF or 10 SFF Drive Bay (optional through CTO below) Configure-to-order Server.

What you are thinking may be correct, but I would suggest to check power requirements if you are adding more drives.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SandyK
Occasional Advisor

@DanishB 

Thanks for your post.

Suman_1978 has great information.

You can find the QuickSpec. information on 'Upgradeability' for the DL360p Gen8 that Suman_1978 mentioned on pg. 4.

Refer to part 6924790-001 for the 10 SFF hard drive cage.

Additionally, you can check information on power requirements using the HP Power Advisor.

Let me know if this gets you what you're looking for. I'd be happy to connect offline if you need more help in making your decisions. I'm also sending you a personal message so that we can connect further.

I am an HP representative, and I love helping our customers. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.