1752786 Members
5945 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 100% CPU Usage on a windows 2000 server

James Self
Occasional Contributor

100% CPU Usage on a windows 2000 server

I am running at 100% CPU on a Windows 2000 server and can not find out what the problem is. Any suggestions
13 REPLIES 13
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Have you recently installed PSP 7.4?
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Check out my thread on this:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=962950

HP has a new DLL that has fixed it, but not fully released. And there is an agent you can disable. Read the thread, lots of info.
KisShore
Advisor

Hi James
Recently have u installed any new devices, please check it once again in the server is there any antivirus software if there is any Antivirus for some time please stop the service and check .As Andrew suggested please install PSP 7.40 may be issue will be resolve.at the same time pls check which is recently installed softwares...

Reagards
Kishore
James Self
Occasional Contributor

Yes I have recently installed PSP 7.40. I removed the System INformation subagent from he active agents in the HP Management Agents like the HP support document stated and it did not make any difference. Still running 100%.
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

What model server is it and is there a UPS attached to the server? There is an issue with some of the 100 series servers with XR UPSs attached can have this issue. If you think it is related simply unplug the serial cord from the server and see if the CPU time immediatly drops.
If it does then we can work out the issue further.

Let us know.
James Self
Occasional Contributor

I have found a process RDS.exe running and taking up all the CPU. I do not know what it is. I have found that it is spyware and I have found that it is something for Arcserve Brightstor software. Not sure what it is. I have ran spybot against the server but did not take care of it.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

rds.exe is a process associated with the OmniBack II Raima Database Server from HP.

Note: rds.exe can also be associated with the TrojanSpy.Win32.Delf Keylogger. This malicous process allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
Rich Colbert
Occasional Advisor

James Self
Occasional Contributor

I can not get it removed!! I have tried 3 different spyware softwares and can not get it removed.