1753943 Members
9147 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1600R

Sean Waite
Frequent Advisor

1600R

I am not too familiar with Compaqs so I am really at a loss here on what to do. I have an older 1600R 500mhz that I just installed 4 9.1GB drives. I can not seem to configure them in any RAID formation. When asked to hit "F10" the systems just continues to boot. Now I remember that old Compaqs liked to store info on the partition of drives. These drives are new, and as such have not been partitioned. What do I do or use to get the 221 Array controller to configure my drives?

2 REPLIES 2
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Before you get any display on server try to press F8 at boot at intial stage only to configure raid. Where as easy way out is using the smart cd and configure the raid for server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

hi sean

try to get a 5.xx smartstart cd or download the following:

- eraser diskette

- acu (array configration)

then:

1) erase your system

2) use smartstart cd or acu diskettes to install raid on your disks

-------------------------------------------

if you want to install the system partition you need a smartstart cd or download the system configuration utility (scu).

the system partition is ONLY required for hw setup. so you only need it when you make hw changes.

if you have the scu diskettes or smart start cd you do NOT need the system partition. in that case pressing f10 takes you nowere. but who cares.

best regards
ernestro