3380 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

1610 Temperature Violiation - DL580 G2 after installing latest ROMPAQ

Gregory Haun
Advisor

1610 Temperature Violiation - DL580 G2 after installing latest ROMPAQ

Hello,

I have 4 DL580 G2 Servers. Two of them are badged with a serial number as an HP unit and these two take the latest firmware just fine. I have two other with serial numbers badged as Compaq units. One of the compaq units had the most recent bios of 09/15/2004 and would start up with a 1610-Temperature warning. There was no way to bypass. All of the light were good except for the drive light. The other compaq unit had an older bios and would start fine with the same drive. I then updated the bios on the working compaq unit and now have the same 1610-Temperature error with no way to bypass. The drives work fine in the HP units. Does anybody know what would be causing this? I was thinking that perhaps the 5i controller needs a newer firmware. I really do not know if it is even related to that. Secondly, how do I roll back to an earlier bios, as the machine doesn't get this far. My only thoughts were an emergency ROM update; though after setting the system board switches, I can't get this to work either.

I am wondering if some of the internal components need their firmware updated first; though, now I have no method to perform these. I can't ever get past this error.

If anybody has some insight on these issues or comments, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gregory
3 REPLIES 3
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Re: 1610 Temperature Violiation - DL580 G2 after installing latest ROMPAQ

1)Resolved an issue where erroneous over temperature errors and over temperature correction events may be reported and logged. This issue is rare but may be seen when using the HP Systems Management Driver.

2)If the latest BIOS does not work just go back to the previous one, just flash it again as it will be a new one

3) run customer test with 3 loops using SSCD maintain server option-insight diagnostic test
Gregory Haun
Advisor

Hello,

Well, I would do any of the above, if I could get it to finish post. There does not seem to be any way to get past the 1610 error. It just sits there for hours and never finishes post. The only option that I could conceive is the disaster recovery rom update method; though, I can not seem to get the machine into this mode.

Is there a way around this to proceed with further updates? How do I flash another ROM given the present circumstances.

Thanks,

Gregory
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you can try the backup ROM how?

looking for system maintenance switch in the System Board and

put in ON position Dip Switches 1 - 4 - 5 - 6

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!