ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753781 Members
7592 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1610- Temperature violation Proliant ML370 G3 Critical!

Alejandro Dario
Occasional Contributor

1610- Temperature violation Proliant ML370 G3 Critical!

Hi everybody, I really need help. I just installed a system board on a server that was running ok until I used its original system board to replace the same one in an identical critical server with problem.
The original problem was related with mal functions of system fans and get okok after replacing with the another one.

As it is out of warranty I bought an identical "new" one, part number 290559-001.

when I believe my life is going to be better, after installing , during post process, an error message occur:

1610-Temperature violation detected waiting 5 minutes....

Without support, I tried to look for info on web and forums.

I found The description problem is in more case related to ambient temperature or heatsink but I replace it with another one and do not work!.

No leds are indicating problem and ambient temperature is ok, fans are ok too.

could anyone help me?
thanks
6 REPLIES 6
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

R the CPU fans working alright? BIOS revision ?
Alejandro Dario
Occasional Contributor

Cpu FANs ok, BIOS P28 01/08/2003 i can not or I do not know how or if it`s possible to bypass error and continue.
Thanks
Gregory Haun
Advisor

Hello,

Did you ever get past this issue? I am having a similar problem with 2 DL580 G2 servers.

Thanks!
Xteven
Advisor

Usually when the server is having temperature issues and the fans are working fine and the heat sinks are properly installed, is a bug or an error stuck in the BIOS so try to clear the NVRAM with the system maintenance switch (s6) and do the firmware upgrade for all the components with the firmware maintenance CD.
xteven
Gregory Haun
Advisor

Hello,

I have tried the S6 switch with no luck. How will I know if it is actually working. I am assuming that I turn the switch to on and then power on the server and let it complete boot. When I move s6 to on, it boots up as normal and still shows the 1610 error. I never seem to get any different response. The strange thing is that these two machines worked fine with a very old firmware. After upgrading to the latest firmware, the both are now exhibiting this same problem. My other 3 DL580 G2 servers are fine. The only difference is that the two failing are branded as compaq units on the serial number and the 3 functioning units are branded HP with the serial.

I have even tried to get to ROM recovery mode, so as to move the back to the original ROM. I can't seems to get this to work either.

What should I see upon doing the s6?

Thanks,

Gregory
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Seems you're experiencing an intermittent fan failure. If my thoughts are correct this seems to be a know issue with the ML370 G3.

You will find all the details u need on the following thread.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1173102

Hope this helps & keep us updated.

Regards,
Shiraj.