1752467 Members
6463 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

1611 CPU Fan Failure

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

1611 CPU Fan Failure

We've received a fan failure error message "1611 CPU Fan Failure" on bootup. After the error appears, theres a 5 second countdown, after which it shuts off and powers up again after a few seconds. We've changed the fan, we bought one from compaq ( Part No. 122633-001 ), but are still receiving the error. What could be wrong? Both fans are working, they spin on powering up the system. Could something be wrong with the BIOS?
Thanks.
Michael
7 REPLIES 7
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: 1611 CPU Fan Failure

Hi, did run the SCU utilty after the fan replacement. And is still the same problem might want to upgrade the bios and clear the NVRAM next. Hope this will help.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I tried running SCU utility, but realized that the system won't boot from floppy. It displays the 1611 error and then shuts down. I cleared the NVRAM, and now I get an error message that says "172-System Configuration Nonvolatile Memory Invalid Initialization Aborted", thats on top of the "1611-CPU Fan Failure" error. Is there any way I can get the system to read from the floppy drive first, before going on to check the fan? Thanks for your help. Michael
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi, there is also an i/o fan part number 281844-001, the 122633-001 is the chassis fan . Could it be the 281844-001 that causing the problem. Now the 172 is normal after flipping the maintenance to on and cycling the power you need to shut it down and to bring the switch back to OFF and re-run the SCU utlity.
AtlantisNet

Did anyone ever solve this issue? We have the exact same problem.
Steve Yang_2
Advisor

I am having exactly the same problem today when I cleaned my server and reset everything.

Please give us some ideas on this issue.

Thank you!
steve_yxf
Neal_17

Have you checked the I/O fan (part number 173907-001)? The I/O fan can be accessed by removing the side panel, look towards the front of the server. If the fan is not running disconnect the connector from the system board and check that it is clean and reconnect. If the fan is not working you will get a 1611 error.
Michael Saurman
Advisor

If the fan by the CPU has been replaced and was reconnected to the correct port than I would say the system board has gone bad.