4589 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1723 Slot 4 Drive Array Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cesar Cortez

1723 Slot 4 Drive Array Error

I recieve the error listed below on boot, the machines are managed remotely so an F1 means I have to go to the server and manually hit F1, I need a workaround to get rid of the F1, apart from F1 there are no problems with the server....

SLOT 4 COMPAQ SMART ARRAY 3200 CONTROLLER (rev A, v4.48) 2 Logical Drives
1723 Slot 4 Drive Array - To improve signal integrity, internal SCSI connector should be removed if external drives are attached to the same SCSI port.
Please replace Dual Connector internal SCSI port interface board with single connector internal SCSI port interface board.

Scanning for SCSI devices...... no SCSI devices detected

Press F1 key to continue
F10 key for system partition utilities
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

The post error is what's causing it to stop at F1. The best option would be to get rid of this. If the external drives are running off one of the ports I'd recommend installing the single port daughter bd in the server to replace the dual port daughter board.

To get rid of the F1 prompt:
Press F10 when prompted to, the screen after "press any key to continue" should be "main menu". Press ctrl A at the main menu screen and a pop up window show say advanced mode has been enabled. Next select to configure hardware, review or modify configuration, then view and edit. Appromixately 1/3 of the way down you should see the advanced options listed. Change the selection next to stop on F1 prompt, then save and exit.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Cesar Cortez

All I can say is awsome. That is what I needed. Unfortunately I cannot get a replacement controller so my only option was to override the F1 prompt, now I know how to do this and won't have to come into the office in the middle of the night to press F1 because someone updated a patch and rebooted the box.

Thanks for the help.
Cesar Cortez

Issue resolved.