ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748199 Members
2689 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 17xx-Controller in lock up State

Richard_387

That's right, I already do that things. I finally change my SCSI Controller. Someone said that it is common problem for this card. The card is easy to be damage.
Oliver Green

Just in case anyone else reads this post . . . I have a Smart Array 6400 Series in a Proliant M350 G3 with exactly the same problem, and did this to correct it:

1. Unplugged server completly
2. Grounded myself
3. Removed Array Card & Cables
4. Removed Primary & Secondary Cache Battery Packs & Memory from controller board.
5. Left the system and components for 30 secs
6. Put it all back together & powered up

* Note none of the drive lights were on when the server first came up with the problem during a normal reboot. Array controller cache batteries had reported low on a previous boot though.

Oliver
Jim Creek

5i is not seated properly. (Make sure 5i card is seated properly or try reinstalling)
Wrong 5i/5i plus. 5i for ML370 G2 and DL380 G2 look the same in appearance but they are different. (Make sure that you are using the correct part number)
To see if it is caused by 5i or system board, remove 5i from DL380 G2 and disable 5i by using SCSI Interlock Disable switch. For ML370 G2 remove 5i. If after removing the 5i you do not get 17xx error on POST replace 5i otherwise replace system board.
Marc Carney
Valued Contributor

I'm in agreement. I had this problem this week on two different servers, one a DL380 and the other an ML370, both with 5i controller boards. On one of the servers reseating the 5i card worked, on the other I needed to replace the board.
Try reseating the 5i board, if that doesn't work then replace the 5i card.

Marc
The sheep tell me what I need to know
zbysek

I had the same issue an reseating (turn off the server, take the 5i board out, put it back in, turn on the server) helped me to resolved the issue. I had nothing attached to the controller (no drives no SCSI devices).