108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2 questions re: Smartstart 7.70 terminology with Windows 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
sean daugherty
Occasional Contributor

2 questions re: Smartstart 7.70 terminology with Windows 2003

1) When choosing license type, is Server/Seat equal to MS terminology of Device/User?

2) The next question has to do with the step after OS selection. After choosing DVD, I assume you select "Flat File", unless there is an actual disk image file with an .ISO extension somewhere you can browse to. If choosing "Flat File", is the correct action to browse to the directory on the disk containg the files that are normally on the 1st CD? This directory is also named CD1. This series of steps has worked for me, but I'd like to make sure its working for the right reasons!

Thanks in advance!
SD
3 REPLIES 3
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

1) Per seat and per server licensing is explained here:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sam/lic_cal.mspx

2)"Flat file" is a normal directory structure like you see under your OS. You are right that the correct action is to browse directory of the disc. BTW - when you're on the SmartStart page, that allows you to choose installation type (CD/ISO/Pen drive/network) you can click on the question mark at the top right of the screen to get it explained :)
sean daugherty
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Marek! I swear I looked everywhere for that question mark. Sometimes the best place to hide something is right in plain sight!
SD
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Glad to help :)