ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 x DL380 G6 & 2312FC MSA - Two node Hyper-V Cluster - Cluster Resource Degraded (15005):

HyperBob
Occasional Visitor

2 x DL380 G6 & 2312FC MSA - Two node Hyper-V Cluster - Cluster Resource Degraded (15005):

I've seen posts about this problem, but I don't 100% agree that its normal behaviour.

Basically, when our backup routine kicks in (Backup Exec 2012 R3) and the Cluster Shared Volumes are put into Redirected Access, we occaisonally get this message via HP Systems Insight Manager:

Event Name: (SNMP)  Cluster Resource Degraded (15005)

URL:

Event originator: vhost1

Event Severity: Major

Event received: 20-Jul-2012, 18:43:20

Event description: This trap will be sent any time the condition of a cluster resource becomes degraded.  User Action: Make a note of the cluster resource name then check the resource for the cause of the degraded condition.

Cluster Resource Name: CSV1

For some reason HP SIM is seeing the action of Backup Exec putting the CSV's into Redirected Access as a failover. Now, this is not a major problem, just an annoyance meaning that I'm getting alerts that need to be ignored. I'd rather have only alerts that need some thin doing about them.

For info, this only seems to be a problem when Hyper-V role is on 2008 R2 SP1. (Pre SP1 this was not an issue & I've verified this since upgrading another one of our other sites with a similar setup but a P2000 SAS array). So SP2 has been applied we are getting similar alerts from HPSIM