ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753772 Members
4820 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2000 server installation on proliant 1600

Horatio Williams

2000 server installation on proliant 1600

I used smart start cd to erase NT4 and to install 2000 server after initial boot graphics hung in colorful vertical lines tried reinstalling with W2k server again it copied files like it should then graphics went to vertical lines and keyboard and mouse froze now when I turn server on it get the windows indicator bar across the bottom then bad it freezes... I don't have a rib in there and I've tried two different monitors.. can anyone help
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Horatio,
Please make sure that the system bios is uptodate. Which version of Smart Start CD are you using?? Are you using a burnt copy of W2K??

Regards,
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

Hi,

maybe the onboard video of your server is the source of your problem. It possibly fails when changing from 640x480@60Hz to the next mode. If this is the case, you could try to use another graphics card. Be sure to put it in a PCI-Slot which belongs to the first PCI-Bus.
Horatio Williams

I've upgraded the bios with the latest version, no I'm not using a burnt copy of W2K Server or compaq smart start and the version of compaq is 6.... I was told that version 6 does not support the proliant 1600 as it's really old but the 5.2 will support it. I not sure what difference it will make. as the graphics does work when I start off using W2K server or the compaq disc.

Have you guys got anymore suggestions as I'm running out of options.