ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752440 Members
5978 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 207 Memory Initialization Error

Mike Mayr

207 Memory Initialization Error

I am getting a 207 Memory Initialization Error on Processor 2 DIMM 2 and DIMM 3. Whenever I have 2 processors in the machine. The DIMM slots filled are: A, B, C, D, E, F on both processors and the DIMMs are Kingston 4GB Quad Rank DIMMS. Any ideas? I have eliminated the system board, and rotated DIMMs/CPUs.

16 REPLIES 16
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Server model ?
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Mike Mayr

Ooops sorry I forgot that - DL380G6
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi Mikde,

Memory configration and model for chech the below link.

https://community.hpe.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-264/105674/1/361938.pdf

Kingston :((( I do not recommend you to use

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Axeblokie

I'm having the same problem, with the same server a DL380 G6, on slot 6 and 9 on one machine, and just slot 6 on another.
Slots A, B and C populated on both CPU's.
I'm using HP memory, as listed on the compatibility list, part number 500656-B21.

I've performed a BIOS update in the vain hope that it would work, alas it did not.
Out of 27 servers, 2 of them have this error, yet the other 25 are fine.

Any ideas??
Mike Mayr

Mine turned out to be 3 DOA system boards - the last one I put in fixed it. The 3rd system board gave me the same issue but on CPU 2. That's when I noticed that several pins in the socket itself were bent - check your sockets. I have run into similar issues on 2 other DL380G6s since then - again bent CPU sockets fresh out of the bag.
bbelle
Occasional Advisor

This happened to me on a bl460c G7 and all i had to do to correct it is shutdown the server, re-seed the DIMM chips and it booted fine without error.
Rebecca Huang

I have run in this on multiple servers - DL380G6 being the most common - and the majority have been damaged CPU sockets on the system board - I am a HP Services CE and work on Proliants on an almost daily basis since I started this thread. If you run into this issue take a flashlight and magnifying glass to the system board and look into the CPU sockets. Look for bent pins, if I am wrong, you've lost a few minutes - if i am right, get a new system board.
Joshua Post
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this thread.  We had the same error messages on one new BL490 G7 server.  Reseating the memory modules resolved the error for us.

brandaoHPPRO

How you reset the memory modules ?

I have the same problem with a BL460c G7

Thanks for the help