1748158 Members
4159 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 207-Memory initialization error on Processor 2. Dimm 3

brad7451

207-Memory initialization error on Processor 2. Dimm 3

Hi

I have a Proliant ML150 Gen9 server which came out stock with a single processor.  After about 2 years I decided to add another processor as the board could take it.  I added the exact same spec server, same RAM everything identical to the original processor. Everything has been working fine for about 4 months and now suddently when the server reboots i get the following error message:

207-Memory initialization error on Processor 2, Dimm 3.
The operting system may not have access to all the memory installed in the system

The server is currently running extremely slow and the 2nd processor is working twice as hard as the first.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

It could simply be a bad DIMM, but also the system board or the CPU could be the reason for this issue.

I would first swap this DIMM with another identical DIMM in the system and check what error will get reported (stay the issue with DIMM or slot?).

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
mihaib200
Frequent Advisor

What BIOS version do you have? Check here for revision history and fixes for ML150 G9:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7481832&swItemId=MTX_4bb034b8eb33456da30bc71324&swEnvOid=4168#tab-history

And look for "207 - Memory Initialization Error"