Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

210 - Quick Path Interconnect Link Degradation on DL580 G7

Sven Vollmann
Occasional Visitor

210 - Quick Path Interconnect Link Degradation on DL580 G7

Hello,

since two weeks we have a problem with one of our HP Proliant DL 580 G7 server.

When it boots it shows the warning "210 - Quick Path Interconnect (QPI) Link Degradation. A QPI link is operating in a degraded performace state.". We have called our hardware supporter. The technician changed all boards (both I/O-boards and the board with the BIOS/ILO on it), switched the CPUs and RAM-Cages to identify the damaged component, changed the complete front drawer, the Power-Supplies and finally even the fans. He put out all the network/fc cards and starts the server. Nothing. The warning still appears. Now the technician becomes desperate ;-). Does anyone have another good idea to solve our problem ?

Our BIOS version is P65 10/01/2013.

Sincerely yours

Sven

1 REPLY
ScottNolan
Occasional Visitor

Re: 210 - Quick Path Interconnect Link Degradation on DL580 G7

We had the same problem with one of our DL580 G7 servers, first noticed it after adding a lot of physical memory (went from 160GB on four externder cages to 512GB in eight extender cages; then every reboot or POST we'd see this degraded performance error:

"POST Error: 210 - Quick Path Interconnect (QPI) Link Degradation. A QPI link is operating in a degraded performace state."

We did not have support for our HPs - but when I checked the serial numbers against HP's website I discovered we were still under warranty, yay!  Opened a case and HP first recommented running HP-SUM (Service Pack) to upgrade BIOS, iLO Firmware, and any daughter card firmwares...  we did so - and still had the problem.

So then HP sent out hardware support and replaced "6 parts together: System board, CPU Mem Drawer Board and all 4 CPUs together."

That fixed the problem - no more error on POST and server is happy again.  To be fair - throughout we could boot and run the server, in "degraded performace state" whatever that means... but since this is a critical DB server for us - we made sure it has best performace we can get.

Good luck with your own QPI issues.