cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

212 - Processor 2 failed on Proliant 6400R

SOLVED
Go to solution

212 - Processor 2 failed on Proliant 6400R

Hi, I have 4 processors. I received this post error, I bought a new processor, installed it and the error continues. I then tried to install another processor on the slot 2 but it displays the same error, could it be the Main board ?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Re: 212 - Processor 2 failed on Proliant 6400R

Hi Miquel,

Have you tried to repolace teh PPM (Processor Power Module) or called VRM(Voltage regulatyor Module)? I would try repalcing the PPM as well. You can try to use the PPM from the other good processors and see if that works so that you can determin if it is the slot or the PPM (because the processor is already repalced). If you found out that the PPM was the cause of the problem, then I would suggest to try the processor that was reported as failed and repalced (the reason why is may be it was the PPM that was the problem at first)

Regards
Amha Kassa
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

Hi,

212-Processor Failed, Processor X
Possible Cause: Processor in slot X failed.
Action: Run Insight Diagnostics and replace failed components as indicated.
Audible Beeps: 1 short

212-System Processor Failed/Mapped out
Possible Cause: Processor in slot X failed.
Action: Run Insight Diagnostics and replace failed components as indicated.

The HP Insight Diagnostics utility displays information about the server hardware and tests the system to be sure it is operating properly. You can access the utility from the SmartStart CD or from the HP website (http://www.hp.com/servers/manage).

greetzzz tmy
Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Miguel,

The 212 error is considered a critical hardware error and has to be cleared manually before the system will stop generating the error. Here is how to resolve it.

Boot the system with all CPU's installed. You will get the 212 error.

Enter the System Configuration Utility (SCU) by pressing F10 when the cursor jumps to the top right of the screen and the system beeps. If you have not installed an F10 partition you will need to boot from a Smartstart 5.50 or below CD and run the SCU from Smartstart.

When you run the SCU and configure the hardware you will be presented with a warning screen stating that you have had the processor error. You will be asked if you have fixed the problem. You simply choose that the problem has been fixed. The system will reset and you won't get the 212 error again (Unless you have another genuine CPU error on the next reboot).

I hope this helps.

Brian