HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2SL Array failed logical drive

Matt Bond
Occasional Contributor

2SL Array failed logical drive

Hi

I have a Proliant Server with a 2SL Array card on it.

One drive on the array failed, then for some reason the array didn't select and bring into use the spare.

Before I could have a look as to why the drive then dissapeared from within Windows 2000.

I had to re-install the array config utility (ACU) as it wouldn't run. Re-installed it and it has said that the logical drive had failed.

I then replaced the drive and the array went back to all ok, in addition the logical drive came back, and when the server is rebooted it found the drive again and shows it both under the logical storage manager and my computer.

However, it says it is corrupt. When looked at from the logical storage manager it says it is ok, shows the partition, but does not show the format type.

Help! Anyone have any suggestions on how to recover the data that was on the array?

Many thanks

Matt
2 REPLIES
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Re: 2SL Array failed logical drive

Hi Matt,

How many physical drives in the array? How is the array configured?..
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Re: 2SL Array failed logical drive

Hi,

Yes it is important how many drives were there which were forming that logical drive ? If it was only one and that too you have replaced, you can not recover data. What is happening if you put back the faulty drive, as you did not tried reboot with that?

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"