cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd NIC

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

2nd NIC

I'm having difficulty adding a 2nd NIC. I've tried 3com and Intel PRO NIC and none works. When i load the drivers in, it says
the NIC adapter cannot be found. I'm plugging it in the right PCI slot and still can't recognize it. I've tried swapping it with other PCI slots to no avail.Any help would be appreciated.Is there a switch or jumper to set????
1 REPLY
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: 2nd NIC

First, when adding hardware components to a Compaq server, the first thing that should be done is a system configuration update. If there is a System Partition installed on the machine, selecting the F10 prompt during POST will allow access to the System Configuration Utility. If no partition is installed, then the utility may be run from floppy, by downloading SP17935 and executing this file. It will create a set of 4 floppies, the first of which is used to COLD BOOT the server to the utility. Once this utility has been run, then the card should recognize properly within the operating system. Please feel free to contact 1-800-OK-COMPAQ for additional assistance, if this is required.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!