108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3 questions for Proliant 1600/500

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nicolai G Klausen
Occasional Advisor

3 questions for Proliant 1600/500

I just purchased a used Proliant 1600/500 with one 500Mhz PIII, I tried to add one more (working) 500Mhz PIII, when booting I now get this error msg:
215-Nonefunctional Voltage regalator Module for Processer 2
What to do?

The server has 3 9.1Gb Ultra2 disks, one is defekt so I want to change the arry from raid5 to raid1, but when useing the SmartStart CD, the arry config utiliti is shadowed and can't be seleted. And when I run "Run System Partition Utilities" it boot and want to eraes the system, after doing the ereasing of the system it boot and I can start allover. It does this every time I trie "Run System Partition Utilities"
What to do?

When booting I'm ask to:
Press "F1" key to continue
"F10" key for partition Utillities

When pressing "F10" I get:
Non-System disk or disk error
replace and strik anykey when ready
What to do?
8 REPLIES 8
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

You need to buy another voltage regulator. Each processor requires it's own. The Spare Part # is 327660-001. You should be able to order this through any authorized HP service center or HP itself. It's pretty inexpensive.

If you can, run a system erase on it. You should be able to pick that from the menu when Smartstart boots up. A flopy can also be made if your having problems. From that point, boot from Smartstart and follow the setup instructions.
Nicolai G Klausen
Occasional Advisor

After running a system eraese, it want to boot, after booting I start allover, then when running "Run System Partition Utilities" it again want's to do a system eraese! It a loop I can't get out off!
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Ok, I'm guessing the drives are on a array controller. It seems like smartstart is not seeing the array controller. What kind is it?

I've seen cases where the older servers will not recognize newer controller. What you have to do then (if you have a newer controller that give you the F8 option) is go into the F8 menu after you system erase and select "Make this controller bootable" or something close to that, you can't miss it - usually the last option.

Let me know if this helps at all!
Nicolai G Klausen
Occasional Advisor

When booting up, it checks a smartarray 221 controler, and finds the diskes on it. I'm useing a SmartStart 4.20 CD
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

When the Array Configuration Utility runs, you setup your array, right? You need to setup an Array and a logical disk before you can go any further.
Nicolai G Klausen
Occasional Advisor

No, it only detects the disks, but in the SmartStart CD "Array Configuration Utility" is shadowed and not selecteable
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

smart start 4.20 is really old. Get Version 5.0 or 5.5, but no newer versions, because Smart Start versions higher than 5.5 do not support the old devices.
Nicolai G Klausen
Occasional Advisor

A SmartStart 5.10 diske fixed my problem with the array and a voltage regulator the CPU problem

Thx