108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 32-Bit XP Kernel Drivers for Proliant G6's

SOLVED
Go to solution
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

32-Bit XP Kernel Drivers for Proliant G6's

I am looking to move my G5 based network appliances to G6 units but can't find the proper device drivers. My OS is Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (which is based on the XP kernel) and requires XP compatible drivers. All I'm finding on the support site are Server 2003/2008 drivers. I suspect even Windows 2000 drivers could be made to work, but those aren't available either. Do I have an HP option here?
8 REPLIES 8
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor
Solution

Supported - NO

Unsupported - maybe.

The BL460G6 blade can be purchased as a workstation model WS460 and there are XP drivers for that. It should be nearly identical to a DL360/ML370 G6.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4014934&taskId=135&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=4012659тМй=en&cc=us
JMK-HP
Occasional Advisor

This is unsupported but during development we performed rudimentary testing to see if it worked.

Try this:
- Go to the DL370 driver download page
- Download the 'Windows 2003 Server 32-bit' version of the drivers you need
- Use a 'Zip' type program to open the downloaded .EXE file and extract the files to a directory. For instance, you could use Winzip or the freeware 7zip (www.7-zip.org)
- There should be a .INF file in the directory you extracted to. During driver installation, select 'HAVE DISK' and point to this .INF file
- Do this for all devices

I will monitor this thread for future responses.
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

JMK, it looks like that's CP010732.exe, which I've already tried unless the 370 one is different. I've downloaded it and am trying again as I type though. If it doesn't work, I'll try adrian's idea next.

Thanks,

A
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

Adrian, that appears to have worked (I'm currently partitioning using that driver). I downloaded the storage driver (CP10990) and forcefully extracted it.

I'll finish up and make sure it works 100%.

Thanks!
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Yeah a lot of the XP Support Pack drivers are the 2003 drivers. But there are a few that are XP specific.
SimonF-PBS

Hi sys builder, I'm also trying to get XP to install to a dl380 G6. Could you confirm which driver package you used?

I've tried cp010990, but when i extract I only get a .msi and another executable, which windows XP install won't recognise as 3rd party raid drivers. How did you get the .inf files etc out of the package?

Thanks

Simon
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

I use an application called UniExtract to extract MSI's. It is available from the following url:

http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

I used that to extract the drivers from the package.

SimonF-PBS

Hi Sys Builder, Excellent, that worked thanks. I now have XP installed. If you have any good ideas about where to find the network drivers as well as all the other bits and pieces that would be save me a big hunt around the web.

Thanks,

Simon