cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party PCIe SATA Controller Card - ML110 G7

ChipsF
Occasional Visitor

3rd Party PCIe SATA Controller Card - ML110 G7

We are trying to install a 3rd party PCIe eSATA JBOD controller card into our ML110 G7 running Server 2008 R2.  The card is never recognized by the OS or even in the BIOS.  I have tried multiple slots to no avail.

The card is a Silicon Image 3132 2-Port card.  I have put this card in another system and it is recognized correctly.  We have a new card that is supposed to show up today (Marvell brand) and I am not overly confident that this card will be recognized either.

Any thoughts on why the system wont recognize the card?  Does HP make a similar type card that is "supported".  HP Chat Support was not very helpful since it was not a HP Card and they can only try to help with supported hardware.

Thanks,

Chips

2 REPLIES
ChipsF
Occasional Visitor

Re: 3rd Party PCIe eSATA Controller Card - ML110 G7

We decided not to use the ML110 G7 for our Silicon Image eSATA card.  Instead the card shows up fine in a ML110 G6 system.  We are not sure why the G7 has such trouble with 3rd party PCIe cards.

GVJosh
Occasional Visitor

Re: 3rd Party PCIe SATA Controller Card - ML110 G7

I'm having the same problem with the same card.  Just bought both the server and the card.  Anybody have any ideas why the prompt isn't coming up during BIOS boot phase (ALT+S or F4) so I can access it!?