1753894 Members
7460 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

431 Array Controller

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

431 Array Controller

I have read and been told by technical support that the 431 array controller is compatible with the 32bit PCI slots in a Proliant 3000. The question I have is, does that include all models of the 3000? The model in question is a dual PII 333 server. The controller is the second controller in the system and is in slot 5. The primary/boot controller is a 3200. The 431 is connected to a external 4200 series storage subsystem with 5 18.2 GB Ultra 2 drives. The setup and array configuration process run correctly. The DAAD utility finds no problems with the array or controller. However, when you start copying files to the external subsystem, you eventually get 'System Process - Lost Delayed-Write Data' errors and the logical drive is no longer available in Disk Administrator. There have also been instances where the server has rebooted since the second controller was installed, even when there was no activity with regards to the external subsystem at all. I am beginning to wonder if the version of the 3000 in question is compatible with the 431. I have worked with technical support on this issue to no avail. The controller has been replaced, all adapter, drive and system firmware are the latest. The SSD and all other support software and drivers are also the latest versions. Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: 431 Array Controller

All models that I know of... Have they checked to see if it is actually a drive issue (or cabling or...)?