cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5300 Controller accellerator disabled

Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

5300 Controller accellerator disabled

I have recently reinstalled a 5302/32 in a Proliant 6500 server. The 5302 had been sitting on the shelf for about 6-8 months, and the batteries had died. We placed a service call to our service provider to order the replacment battery set (left and right batteries) and they have since been replaced. Since the controller was first installed in this server, the array accellerator has shown permanently disabled. We have flashed system BIOS, array BIOS, cold booted, flipped maintenance switch 6 on and reset the configuration through F10. We are at a loss of how to get this controller back to the point where it is no longer showing as an minor alarm in CIM. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Neal
2 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: 5300 Controller accellerator disabled

Does the message say the array accellerator is permanently disabled? If you went in and attempted to change the settings in the Array Configuration Utility and have the same result, then I would say the solution is to replace the cache module.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Re: 5300 Controller accellerator disabled

Terry, the message does state that the cache module is permanently disabled. I have a 128M cache module available to try and see if this will clear the errors. CIM shows no read or write errors and the battery status is OK. See attached screenshot.