New Discussion юеВ

6.40 Agents & Insight Manager 5.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Leighton_1
Occasional Advisor

6.40 Agents & Insight Manager 5.5

I have a DL380 G2, running Win2003 & with Management Agents 6.4

In Insight Manager 5.5 the server shows up as inaccesible.

Before I investigate further could anyone tell me if IM 5.5 is compatible with the above setup.

Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

Re: 6.40 Agents & Insight Manager 5.5

I am running Server 2003 with the 6.40 agents, and IM 7 SP2 doesn't correctly recognize any of my 2003 servers. In the device list I get unrecognized device. But if I open up that unknown device is has links to the web agent for the server which actually work.

So at some level it is detecting it's a Proliant with agents, but can't tell what the heck it is.

I've never had this problem with Im7 SP2 and a pure 2000 environment.
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

This configuration should work (although be warned, Insight Manager 5.5 doesn't fully support all ProLiants - Insight Manager 7 does and is the only tool we are keeping current.)

Windows Server 2003 has default security settings that prevent the Insight Manager from accessing it (all systems by default are denied access.) You'll need to dig into the SNMP security settings (on the properties page for the SNMP service) and enable your Insight Manager system to access it correctly.

For additional information on SNMP settings, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 324263, HOW TO: Configure the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Service in Windows Server 2003, which is available at the following URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324263

For additional information on ProLiant servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, refer to HP Integration Note - TC0304011IN, tips and tricks for optimizing Microsoft Windows Server 2003 on ProLiant servers, which is available at the following URL:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/partners/microsoft/dotnet/WindowsServer2003/tc0304011in.pdf
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Mike Leighton_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help & pointing me towards those 2 articles. All sorted now.