1752577 Members
4943 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

6-Port SATA RIAD driver for Windows 2003 x64

Rob Leist
Occasional Advisor

6-Port SATA RIAD driver for Windows 2003 x64

Will HP be releasing a driver for the Adaptec 6-port SATA RAID controller thats in my ML 350 G4 for Windows 2003 x64? Or can I use the x64 driver from Adaptec?

Rob
5 REPLIES 5
Chris Saindon
Valued Contributor

Re: 6-Port SATA RIAD driver for Windows 2003 x64

Hello Rob,

Here is the SATA driver for 2003 x64.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22885.html

Here's a great place to find drivers, firmware and software for a specific server and O/S:

Software Directory
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html

Chris
Black holes are where God divided by zero - Steven Wright
Rob Leist
Occasional Advisor

That driver is for the P600 SAS/SATA controller not the 6-port SATA RAID controller that comes from Adaptec.
Chris Saindon
Valued Contributor

Hello Rob,

I did see that it works for the P600, but I know some of our drivers work for a couple controllers. This may be why there is no 6-Port Driver. I know the 5i, 531 and 532 controller drivers are all the same driver.

If that driver does not work, I guess HP does not have a driver for 64bit Windows. Using the Adaptec driver should not be a problem at all, I have seen weird issues with the "manufacturer" drivers working with cards, but pretty rarely. If it accepts the driver and everthing is detected ok, it's not going to hurt the card at all. Usually the problems I see are related to it not accepting the manufacturer's driver.

Chris
Rob Leist
Occasional Advisor

If I use the OEM driver will I loose array alerting in the insight agents?

Thanks,
Rob
Chris Saindon
Valued Contributor

Hello Rob,

I honestly couldn't tell you for sure but...

The driver is simply for the hardware to communicate with the software(O/S), it doesn't handle the reporting.

The card itself is what reports the failures and communicates that to the agent at a hardware level.

So, based on that, I would say with fairly high certainty that, No it will not affect it.

If anyone has tried this, please indulge.

Chris