4496 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 601 - diskette controller error, on 1850R

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Block

601 - diskette controller error, on 1850R

I recently acquired a refurbished Proliant 1850R (PIII 6/550). After installing the Compaq Setup/Configuation Utilities and Win2K Advanced Server, it locked up (a blue screen with a memory related error, if I remember correctly).

When I try to reboot, I get a "601 - diskette controller error". The server passed all setup and configuration tests prior to installing the O/S, so I don't know why I get this error. Is there some sort of low level reset I need to do to clear this error, or how do I go about correcting it?

One other thing I notice when I try to boot now as well, the red drive lights on the SCSI disks briefly flicker (Im guessing this is probably related).

If anyone can provide assistance with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Jeff
3 REPLIES 3
Phillip Williams_2
Respected Contributor
Solution

Jeff:

re the 601 a one page extract from the troubleshooting guide (you should be able to get access to this on www.hp.com..

is attached

I suspect it it a "just one of those things" problem that happenned to crop up between OS install & re-boot.

HTH

Seasons Greetings

Phillip
The world is divided into 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Phillip Williams_2
Respected Contributor

Jeff: also

Site for Proliant Tech info etc.. (quite good !)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254604〈=en&cc=us

www.hp.com, support etc, hunt down the options & you get thereâ ¦

PS Hope Iâ m not advising grannies to suck eggs but F10 on power-on boot gets you into the diagnostics, BIOS etc. etc.

HTH

Ph
The world is divided into 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Jeff Block

Thanks for the response. I am now back up and running!

Jeff