4960 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

64 GB RAM in HP DL380 G5

janklabo
Occasional Contributor

64 GB RAM in HP DL380 G5

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe mir einen HP Proline DL380 G5 gegönnt.
Nun bin ich dabei diesen ein wenig aufzurüsten. Ziel ist es einen ESXi 6.5 Server daraus zu machen. Bevor jetzt wer sagt, das es nicht funktioniert, da der Prozessor mit der VM Version nicht kompatibel ist, sei gesagt, das es mit einem CPU Upgrate funktioniert.
Aber das ist nicht mein Problem. Ich habe in dem Server 32 GB RAM (8 x 4 GB) verbaut und möchte jetzt auf 64 GB RAM.
Den RAM habe ich bereits gekauft. Es handelt sich hier um das Produkt: HP P/N:398709-071
Laut Liste ist dieser mit dem DL382 G5 kompatibel.
Leider bootet der Server nicht nach Einbau dieser. Es startet und piepst aich nicht. Er verbleibt im Startmodus, in dem alle Lüfter auf Volllast laufen. Muss ich im Bios noch eine Option umstellen? Habt ihr einen guten Tip für mich?

Hello, everyone,

I treated myself to an HP Proline DL380 G5.
Now I am in the process of upgrading it a little bit. The goal is to make it an ESXi 6.5 server. Before now who says that it does not work, because the processor is not compatible with the VM version, it is said that it works with a CPU upgrade.
But that is not my problem. I have 32 GB RAM (8 x 4 GB) in the server and would like to upgrade to 64 GB RAM.
I have already bought the RAM. This is the product: HP P/N:398709-071
According to the list, this is compatible with the DL382 G5.
Unfortunately the server does not boot after installation of this. It starts and does not beep. It remains in start mode, in which all fans run at full load. Do I still have to change an option in the bios? Do you have a good tip for me?
Add tags.

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: 64 GB RAM in HP DL380 G5

Hello,

I would suggest you follow the below steps.

1. Follow the memory configuration

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c00752177

2. Power drain the server. ( remove power cables from the server and hold on the power switch for 30 Sec.)

3. Remove all add-on cards.

4. Check the server minimum configuration.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo