ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753936 Members
10202 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

6400R bootup problems

Hessel de Haan

6400R bootup problems

When booting up my 6400R server the machine seems to keep rebooting itself. No beeps, and nothing on the screen. All the three system lights are burning green. The light of the CD-rom keeps flashing in a certain sequence. Also the little leds on the driver card (that is connected to the RAID controller) has this same flashing sequence. I thought of resetting the BIOS, but can't find any info on that. Good idea to reset the BIOS? Even possible? Or should I do something else? Thanx for your answers.
4 REPLIES 4
HGN
Honored Contributor

Re: 6400R bootup problems

Hi

Before that I would try the following,try to get the server to bare minimum config and see if the server stays up,then try adding every component which may help in finding out what is creating issue.

Rgds

HGN
Hessel de Haan

Hi,

thanx for that. I already stripped all network cards, took out the drives and detached the CD-Rom drive. Still the same problems...
Johan Knap

hey,

bij mij betekende dat einde oefening van een board, het system bord dat erin zit zat een error op. En als je je bios wil resetten kan dat doormiddel van een dip switch. op de kap van de server staat welke je daarvoor nodig hebt.

for me it was end of my proliant, some board was dead. You can reset your proliant by looking at the cover. There are the descriptions for the dip switches that are located on your system board.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Check with Rom recovery
Check with the NVRAM Clearing
Check with Min components no CD ROM and HDD

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible