1752658 Members
5519 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 68 pin hard drive in DL360 server?

bogeygolfer
Frequent Advisor

68 pin hard drive in DL360 server?

Any way to make a 68 pin hard drive work in the DL360 servers? The DL360's are designed to take the 80 pin hotswap drives but is there an alternative way? USB?
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

With old servers you can try purchase empty universal HDD tray, however if you use third party HDD, it not guaranteed that all management and application software will see problem or performance statistic and activity
bogeygolfer
Frequent Advisor

The drive is an HP drive. Is this the tray you are referring to?
http://www.proliant-hard-drives.com/Compaq_HP_SCSI_Hotswap_Hard_Drive_Tray_p/hp-tray-empty.htm

That tray works for the 80 pin drives but I can't see how it would work for a 68 pin drive. Could you provide a link for the tray you are talking about?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I see a possible way of using a 68 pin drive in this server, but it will involve the use of a 68 pin to SCA adapter. If you use this adapter the drive won't fit in the server correctly (probably stick out the front of the server).

There is no way I can think of to get this to be hotpluggable with a 68 pin drive though.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

sure 80 is only one way to get it working if you need it for internal, sorry for confusion
bogeygolfer
Frequent Advisor

Would something like this work?
http://www.shentech.com/s35f102.html
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

It might work for just additional storage, although if I remember correctly this server (G1) doesn't have any USB ports. Even if it did have USB ports you wouldn't be able to install the OS on it.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..