108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 805-Unsupported processor detected

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

805-Unsupported processor detected

We have a ML370 G2 PIII 1266Mhz with 1 processor. Unfortunately, after installing a second processor to this machine I got an error on boot:
805-Unsupported processor detected

Do I need only to upgrade the rompaq or it is something else?
Thanks,
Marius
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Marius,

Please make sure that you have the latest ROM on your system. Remove the second CPU and update the ROM then install the CPU.

When installing a second processor and PPM, the processor must be the same type and speed as the primary processor. Install only the PPM provided in the option kit with your processor.
The Pentium III Slot 1 processor cannot be down-clocked; therefore, all processors must use the same frequency. Compaq does not support mixing processor frequencies.
During POST, each processor and its initialization frequency is displayed. If POST detects processors of unlike frequency, ROM halts the system.

Please let me know how you make out.

Regards,

Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sunil,

Thank you very much, it works. Everything went very well.
Thanks again,
Marius.
Nault
Occasional Advisor

How do you resolve you problem? With change the rom-pack? And what is a ppm? Is pre-processor module so is it a key processor (module with no processor for install in slot have nothing?)

Regard
Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

First I applied the latest ROM on my system and after the reboot I install the new CPU with the PPM (processor power module) provided in the option kit with the new processor.
Regards,