ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753449 Members
6263 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A Error has occured while reading the SmartStart hardware information file DL360G5

Systemmanager
Occasional Advisor

A Error has occured while reading the SmartStart hardware information file DL360G5

Hi. I receive the following error when trying to start the SmartStart CD after i choose the language.

A Error has occured while reading the SmartStart hardware information file. Click "OK" to reboot.

This is the litteral text, so the typos are not mine :P

I choose English language and also my keyboard is English, which are both the default options btw, and clicked continue.

I'm handed this error with version 7.70 and 7.80 (newest ATM) of the SmartStart CDs. I'm currently downloading the firmware maintenance CD version 7.80 in the hope it will resolve this issue.

Any thoughts?
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: A Error has occured while reading the SmartStart hardware information file DL360G5

It sounds as though your SmartStart CD might be faulty, although if it's happening with more than one it could be a dodgy CD drive.

You could try booting SmartStart from a USB pen drive instead to rule that out...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

I hope you are not using any unsupported h/w on the server

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

Systemmanager
Occasional Advisor

No unsupported hardware in the server. We ordered a DVDRW drive with it (HP part), but I swapped it with the original CDRW/DVDROM drive and it still didn't work. No faulty media 99.999% sure, because both version 7.7 and 7.8 fail at the exact same moment. I installed the newest firmware from Firmware CD 7.8, but that didn't change anything.

I went ahead and installed Windows without the SmartStart CD and I am now installing all the drivers manually.
Systemmanager
Occasional Advisor

Installation of Windows Server 2003 succeeded. I installed PSP 7.8 afterwards. The server is running normally now.

Not a real answer to the question, but a doable workaround I think.
Systemmanager
Occasional Advisor

See my answer above.
peter Baetens_1

hi,

the solution to this problem is to clear the NV ram in the bios and than the smartstart cd will work again

greetz
Slad