1748195 Members
4578 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A quick question about a DL360

Adamius

A quick question about a DL360

Hello!
I have trouble with one DL360 server, it has begun to hang at random intervals (around 1 week between). The error seems to be that of the harddrive controllers. When trying to handle the server it works until you need to load things from the HDD.

I have heard from a friend that this is a somewhat know problem with the motherboard and not the HDD controller itself. Is there anyone that know the KB article about this?

I have been in contact with HP direcly about this but I like the more direct disscussions of forums to!

is there anyone that have any data on this. I do not have more info atm about the server but I know it is hardware problems and around the mobo or sata controller?
9 REPLIES 9
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

What generation of the DL360 are you using?
What kind of controller do you have installed?

What is the fw version of the BIOS and the controller?
Adamius

We have the latest firmware per instructions from the HP support (we asked them first).

It is a G5 and the controller I do not know :P
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hard to tell then..

You can find what type you have in the system management homepage.

Have you upgraded the drivers as well? The proliant support pack?

Is it only connected to internal disks?
Have you run a chkdisk / smartstart cd diagnostics on the server?
Adamius

We have run the tests on the startsmart CD sent the logs to the support. I'm just looking for a second opinion and I know a friend of mine found a error report for my trouble I can't seem to find it though.

My agenda is to convince the owner to upgrade to the new G6 instead of the one used today since we have plenty of those but no trouble like with this one. We have done major OS bugg and error searching but found none.

I know there was a HW fault where the mainboard bent when under to much heat. Thus creating a glitch between mobo and controller.

Check the IML for error events and error codes, aswell as the iLO2 logs; maybe these show useful information.

Are there any POST erros?
Check the Controller and HDD health with an off-line ACU. ;D
"ITS NOT ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN PUNCH, ITS ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN TAKE A PUNCH AND KEEP MOVIN' FORWARD!!!"
Adamius

Done the disc test, they revlead nothing at all. Hopefully something new will be found from the logs...

No one that knows of the KB article relating to this kind of problem?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If the error as you said might be regarding the hard drive controller, it would help if you told us what controller you are using..
Adamius

well there is a reason for me not telling since I cannot know because of the fact that the server is at a remote location. I am as stated intrested in the KB article that I've heard is similar to my problem. The full "error searching" I leave upon HP, I was only interested in the elusive KB article I know exists.

I still belive that it is not the controller since it works and just happens every now and then.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Oki.

Maybe you can find this here?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportResources.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486

And click on the advisories.. that's all hp has that's public.