108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ACU did not detect any supported controllers

Proz
Occasional Advisor

ACU did not detect any supported controllers

Hi,

I have a problem with my dl360 G1.
I have add 2 new hard drive to upgrade the capacity. I have replace one after one to get the mirror ok.
Now, in the bios, I can see my hard disks and I want to set the raid to the total capacity.
I have installed the last version of Smart Array config utility (8.50.5.0) and it say me "ACU did not detect any supported controllers". I have check for of firmware update but I have the last version Compaq Intergrated Smart Array Controller 1.50.
Can anybody help me please ?
11 REPLIES 11
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Re: ACU did not detect any supported controllers

After you install hard disk, you need to boot the server to RBUS/BIOS of array controller and configure array. Also if you need to configure raid, you need to have a cache module installed with BBWC, battery backed cache.

If you receive any error message related to array controller, verify the error message at the link below

http://hpproliant.blogspot.com/2010/06/hp-proliant-bl-dl-and-ml-servers-hp.html
Proz
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your response.
I have boot in the bios of the array and the raid is configured. I have a raid before I change one by one disk to keep the data (and the mirror).
Now I just want to expand my raid to the new capacity of my hard drives. I have already do that with the Smart Array Config Utility but now, I don't know why it doesn't see the controller. I have try different version of the utility and the older give me this error : "Another instance of ACU is already running". Any idea ?
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

upgrade to ACU Version 8.28 (or later).

check here :

http://hpproliant.blogspot.com/2010/06/only-one-instance-of-array.html
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Or what you can do is, you can boot the server using Smart start CD and use the ACU option under maintenance. You will get the same options and you will be able to configure raid from there
Proz
Occasional Advisor

I have already installed the last version of Smart Array config utility (8.50.5.0).
I will try with the CD the next time I can stop the server and go back to say if it's ok. Thank you.
Proz
Occasional Advisor

Please, can you confirm me that if I do the RAID resizing with the utility of the smart CD, the data will be intact ? No risk to loose data ?
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Expanding raid wont cause data lose.
Proz
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
I have try to boot from the smartstart CD but I receive this error : SmartStart does not support deployment for this server. Consult the support matrix on the Smart Start website at www.hp.com/servers/smartstart for a complete list of supported servers.
I have to download an older version of the smartstart ?
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

G1 server you need to try a Previous version.... :(