ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753772 Members
5259 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ACU did not detect controller

Provencher Philippe

ACU did not detect controller

I setup a Raid-1 array with embedded Adaptec SATA Raid controller. But the ACU does not detect the raid controller.

I can't boot from Hard drive 2 and I have no way of testing if it mirror itself correctly.

Is there any other manager I can use to manage the raid array live from Windows 2003 server.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ACU did not detect controller

hi

which server are you talking about?

in order to provide a link for that utility for Embedded SATA controllers since ACU only support Smart array controllers

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

As Karlo noticed, ACU detects only SA controllers, so you need:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-64b379e59a804fe2a97da98a1cтМй=en&cc=us&mode=3&
Provencher Philippe

Thanks guys, I have a Proliant ML310 G5
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Karlo is right.....the embedded controller in this server is not a Smart Array controller. The embedded storage in this server is an Adaptec controller.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Provencher Philippe

Thanks then what do i do if the first disk crashes and I want to boot from the second disk. Do I have to reboot the server, enter the raid array config (press F8 at boot up) remove the raid array and boot from the second disk ?

And then when I receive the spare disk, reboot the server and create the array again.

Thanks for your help.
ghassen
Occasional Advisor

HI

ACU detect SA controlor only;

Regs