1747988 Members
4543 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ACU doesn't detect SA controller on HP DL 160 Gen8

vk222
Occasional Visitor

ACU doesn't detect SA controller on HP DL 160 Gen8

Just received new HP DL 160 Gen8 (662083-421)

I am trying to configure Smart Array controller. This server shipped with Smart Array B120i SATA.

As per documentation, to enable it I should update firmware and enable it in BIOS.

I download the latest firmware ISO image and update all the ROMs. Now BIOS version is J3 04/04/2012.

I checked Embedded SATA controller menu and SmartArray appeared in the list. I hit the Enter to enable it and reboot the server.

On POST screen Smart Array is appeared and checkbox SmartArray is checked. If I am trying to hit F5 for SA controller configuration or trying to use Intelligent Setup, ACU doesn't recognize SA and tell me that there are no SA controllers installed.

I tried to download Service Pack from HP support website in order to try update something else, but situation still the same.

Is there any other ways to configure array on this controller or how to handle my situation?

Screenshots attached.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

vk222
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply! After IP update ACU finally detect my SA.

TravisSkyhawk
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this exact problem and have done all the same things, my only question is what does IP stand for, the link earlier in the thread doesn't lead anywhere?

antonssss
Occasional Visitor