ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752308 Members
5476 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ACU not detecting array

Carles San Agustin

ACU not detecting array

I installed a HP SC44Ge HBA card into an HP Proliant DL320 G5p. I am able to get into the LSI application and create a RAID 1 array but when using the HP SmartStart CD to bootup the system, ACU is not able to detect any arrays in the server. Is there any know compatibility problem? neither MS Windows 2003 Server Standard Ed is able to detect the created array. Do you know any cause? How can I continue with my Windows server installation?
Thank you.
Regards,
Carles.
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

ACU is for SmartArray controllers. This is a simple HBA, not a RAID controller. You need to get the driver for Windows 2003. http://www.hp.com --> Support and Drivers and put in SC44Ge, then select the card (the one not under Integrity) and then the OS to get the HBA driver.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

you have to install windows manually no SmartStart CD(SSCD) as David says SSCD does not support that controller only Smart array controllers (e200, 6i, p400, ...)

just insert Windows 2003 and run it in case you get a message HDD not detected you need to load the driver for SC44Ge using an floppy or nlite just google it

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!