HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD HARDDISK

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

ADD HARDDISK

I would like to put an additional harddisk on my server, currently I have 4 harddisk installed (9.1GB each) raid 5. I would like to put an additional harddisk on my server, I have a spare 9.1GB with part number 242801-001 this came from another Proliant model , can I use this harddrive for my Proliant 3000 ? will this work in tandem with the other 4 harddisk ?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: ADD HARDDISK

The part number you have provided is for the tray only. On the back of the drive you should see "replace with Compaq Spare".....
This number shoiuld be used. You shouldn't have any problems with doing what you want. Before this we need to find out what type of Smart Array Controller you are using. Please provide this.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The part # on the replace with Compaq spare is 242622-001, I am using Smart Array 3200 Controller, pls. let me know if this will work.

Thanks Again.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Yes, that will work fine.
One problem you might encounter depending how new the firmware is on the 3200, you might have to flash the firmware on the hard drive also. But we will worry about this when the time comes.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!