5022 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AMP Mode

SOLVED
Go to solution
Danny Niewierowski

AMP Mode

I have an ML310 G4 that is indicating an "AMP mode status: Degraded" error within my SIM console. It might help me to know what "AMP mode" is. I searched throughout google and didn't find anything relevant.

Anyone?
2 REPLIES 2
HP User 1990
Occasional Advisor
Solution

AMP stands for Advanced Memory Protection. the options for that server (I think) are:

Advanced ECC (default)
Online Spare

I would have thought that SIM would only report a AMP Degraded status if in Online Spare Mode and you actually had a correctable memory threshold error which resulted in engaging the spare memory.

However, it might be that you are in Advanced ECC Mode and had a correctable memory threshold error. I assume you are running HP's health driver/agents since you are running SIM. Check the HP Integrated Management Log to see if you have a DIMM error listed. Also, you could check your Internal Health LED on the front of the server. Is it amber? If the system has a Systems Insight Display (don't remember if G4 had these), you could see if an DIMM LEDs are illuminated. If no SID, you could remove the cover and check DIMM LEDs.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor