1753797 Members
7393 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ASR Detected by System ROM

JoshT976
Advisor

ASR Detected by System ROM

We have about 20 citrix servers (DL360G4, DL360G4p, BL35p) in our Data Center that are experiencing an issue where they reboot with no reason.

The log is showing the reason as "ASR Detected by System ROM" with no other explanation.

No related logs in the system log.

Interesting enough it only happens during the week. Never on the weekend. So It appears to somehow be related to user load.

The PSPs on these servers range from 7.5 to 7.9 so some updates are needed. However I have been unable to find any updates that address this specific problem.

ASR communicates with the Health Driver (which is part of the PSP), so an update would makes sense.

Anybody experienced this issue before?
3 REPLIES 3
Leonardo valente

In my opinion, you should disable ASR in BIOS settings. In our environment we could not detect why our RHEL4 server was rebooted by ASR. Because, there was nothing wrong in syslog messages, but If there was something in display (like a kernel panic) It was erased by ASR reboot. So if you are experience that for a long time it is better disable it.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check the attached PDF page 34 (Message 4)

also well if you search on forum you will find a lot of answer since since faulty memory modules, System board, firmware updates, reseat parts....

http://urlao.com/ASRROM

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

oh

sorry I forgot the PDF

now here
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!