9041 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ASR Reboot in ML 370 G3

Pradeepbalan
Occasional Contributor

ASR Reboot in ML 370 G3

Hii,

My Server ML370 G3, used as exchange server reboots automatically. IML log shows the following error "ASR dedected by the System ROM". I faced this problem 2 months before. The issued solved by itself after a windows update. Bios and PSP is up to date. again the problem started from yesterday. the keyboard, monitor and Mouse freezes which is connected to KVM.

Pls help to resolve this issue.

note : This ASR problem occurs after the replacement of mother board from HP.
5 REPLIES 5
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Check your event viewer, the system log if you see any errors that will help us to figure out what is going on here!
Pradeepbalan
Occasional Contributor

The windows2000 event viewer shows no error message on this issue, the IML log in Hp home management shows " ASR dedected by the System ROM".
Jarle Bjorgeengen
Trusted Contributor

The ASR thinks the operating system hangs, and hence it does a reset. Usually ASR is right, and the OS really hangs and ASR is doing the right thing. Sometimes ASR is wrong, and it resets the hw even if all is ok with the OS.

Try turning off ASR completely to see if the machine really hangs. (Then it would hang until you reset it manually, and yo have verified that it really hangs.)

If it doesn't hang, it is a bug in the HP health drivers, that wrongly detects an os-hang. Disabling ASR will be a workaround, and your server won't be rebooted anymore, but you also loose the function that ASR was designed for , namely rebooting a hung operating system so you don't have to do it manually. (A consequence of this happening more often in some operatings systems than other :-))
Rancher
Honored Contributor

You said this began again after HP replaced the motherboard? I think I would make sure everything was put back correctly and is well-seated, especially the memory.
Pradeepbalan
Occasional Contributor

Hii All,

The problem is occurred from the KVM in which the Server is connected, Thanks for your valuable comments.

regards

Pradeep