cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASR Reset

kulanak
Occasional Contributor

ASR Reset

After I installed my proliant 7000 with smartstart 5.3 and windows2000 Server, I found that it'll restart itself twice a day. As I see in compaq management log it appears that "ASR Reset detected".
How should I do ?
7 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: ASR Reset

Go into the F10 partition and disable the ASR. This will stop the server from rebooting and give you the blue screen so we can see the error. Then we can go from there.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
kulanak
Occasional Contributor

I do as your advice. I found that my server is freezed when I let it run about 7-8 hours. I must manual restart it by power button. Compaq Log still appear "ASR Reset detected" and there is no thing in Windows event viewer log.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Something is not right here.
You did go into the f10 and disabled the ASR Reset. Correct?
This could be a memory problem. If you can, can you remove the first bank of memory right out of the sever and fill in the blanks with the rest of the memory.
Please make sure the BIOS, SCU and drivers and agents are all up to par please.

Mark
kulanak
Occasional Contributor

I already do thing that you advise but it still have a same problem.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Please make sure the BIOS and F10 partition is up to date. Also remove the first bank of memory and bring down the rest to fill in what you have just removed.
Also do you have the Compaq Integrated Mgnmnt Log viewer installed and does it give us any info?

Mark

I had the same problem with a PL 6000 running W2K. I tried re-installing the OS, reseating everything, nothing seemed to work. I tried disabling ASR in W2K but it still kept happening, leaving me to believe it was hardware. I went into the SCU and it reported errors in a few .cfg files. In frustration, I did a system erase, then rebuilt with a Manual Install of Smart Start and the problem is now gone.
Dan DeVEcka
Occasional Contributor

Have you applied security patches?