1753629 Members
5665 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ASR Settings re-enabling after being disabled

JoshT976
Advisor

ASR Settings re-enabling after being disabled

We are experiencing an issue on about 60 servers that are comprised of DL360G4, DL360G4p & BL35P servers running W2K3.

These servers are locking up for some reason and ASR is kicking in and doing its job and resetting the server.

Part of our troubleshooting has been to disable ASR and see what we can get from our troubleshooting.

We have disabled the ASR setting in the HP System Management homepage and are finding that somehow, intermittantly, these servers are aving their ASR setting re-enabled.

We have verified the setting to be showing as disabled for a couple days, then it switches back to Enabled.

Granted the majority of our PSPs are out of date (7.5), however this is still occuring on servers with the latest (7.9)

Question: I am looking for assistance in determing why the ASR setting is reverting back to enable, when we have disabled it.

Does anybody know why this would happen?

Also, anybody know the registry key that is created when this setting is enabled/disabled?
6 REPLIES 6
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: ASR Settings re-enabling after being disabled

Hello Josh,

You'll be able to disable ASR from the RBSU (F9) prompt when booting.

Regards,
James.
JoshT976
Advisor

Thank you for the response.

However do you know why the setting would show in the System Management Homepage for 3 days as Disabled, then change to Enabled for on its own?

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Josh,

I dont have an Exact answer to that "right now".

However, I would think, as ASR is primary feature of BIOS/RBSU & not SHM, it has to be disabled in RBSU.

Once an ASR event occurs, after rebooting SHM is getting reset to enable ????

Or is it enabled without an ASR/restart ?

Regards,
James.
JoshT976
Advisor

Thank you for the reply!

There is no reboot. The setting is just changes in System Management Homepage after a couple days.

We will be working to disable ASR in the RBSU over the next couple days, but are mainly curious as to why its changing in System Management Hompeage on its own.

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

weird

to tell you the truth I have not changed ASR from SMHP. //always from RBSU like James says

why if you try updating on 1 server the BIOS and setting again? try this on one with PSP 7.5 and on another with 7.9

I think that needs a little time to think or research..

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
JoshT976
Advisor

Very weird huh?!

These are all production servers (of course), so I need to try all I can do without rebooting.

We will do the RBSU method and see what happens.

Do you know where the Sys Management Homepage settings are in the Registry?

Or what WMI object to use to query the BIOS?