ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751975 Members
4702 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ASR detected by System ROM

Dale Badore

ASR detected by System ROM

I have a DL580G2 that we have recently (last night) replaced the memory board and all RAM in. In the IML we were getting ASR errors that were accompanied by Uncorrectable memory errors before we did the repair. After the repair we are now getting ASR errors without any additional information on where they are coming from. Is there any log file or SIM page i can go to tell me why these ASR errors are being generated?
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

what i am suggesting is not a good practice but for a day we can do so. Disable ASR then check for iml logs on the server and health led of the server also.

Or

If possible run the Daignostic tools and check, but run under continious loops to check same.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

From previous experience with similar problems, you can send the IML error codes to HP (assuming you have HP support) and supposedly they could make sense out of the error codes.

From what I understand of your scenario again, if you were getting the ASR errors prior to the memory upgrade, I would have thought that the NMI Memory/Parity error would indicate that the memory on the motherboard is faulty. This would have meant a faulty motherboard without the need to actually replace the RAM DIMMS.

Hope, this helps and don't forget to assign points:)

Regards,
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hey Dale,

not sure if I was clear in my last reply but the point I am trying to make is have you tried replacing the motherboard?

Regards,